Caring for a critically ill child is difficult; mentally, emotionally and financially. The Compassion Fund allows front line social workers to identify needs and distribute funds immediately, providing much needed relief for families.
The Variety Compassion Fund benefits critically ill children & their families at UnityPoint Health St. Luke’s and Mercy Medical Center in Cedar Rapids by providing comfort, care and fulfilling immediate needs such as:
- A gas card for frequent travel to appointments
- Meals for a parent who spends weeks at the hospital
- Payment of immediate bills such as phone, heat or electricity
- A birthday cake for a child who will spend their special day in a hospital bed
- Care for siblings when parents need to stay with their ill child
“The Compassion Fund enabled us to provide as safe environment for our new baby. We used the money to pay some bills and put a deposit on an apartment. It helped to take a huge burden off our shoulders when we were already feeling down from all of the time my husband had to take off work. The timing of the gift made things a little easier during our long stay in the NICU.” -Becky
Every donation large and small helps provide relief and hope to families seeking care.
PLEASE GIVE THE GIFT OF Compassion.